A Laredo jury last Wednesday awarded nearly $7 million to a local elderly man and his family for a 2015 house gas explosion that left him with severe, lifelong injuries and put him out of work forever as a mechanic.
Jurors determined after a two-week trial that Houston-based CenterPoint Energy, the natural gas provider, and Laredo-based Westwind Homes, the homebuilder, were responsible for the accident after failing multiple times to cap and seal a gas valve in the house.
The incident occurred in February 2015, when Fernando Ramirez was repairing an electric dryer in the utility room . . .
You must be a subscriber to The Texas Lawbook to access this content. If you are a subscriber, and you see this message, you need premium access to view this content.
Not a subscriber? Sign up for The Texas Lawbook.